The Lobby

Welcome to the Grove City Area Historical Society and Museum, original home to the Uber Hotel built between 1905 and 1910.  It later became the Travelers Hotel and was purchased by the Society in 2000.  First known as the Uber Hotel and then the Traveler’s Hotel,  several remnants of the hotel remain on the left side of the room. In the form of the  original registration desk, cash register, and key case.  Across from the entrance is an original Estes Pump Organ, Serial #74339, a gift to a local woman on her wedding day in 1938. To the right of the entrance on the south wall is the largest piece ever done by Grove City aluminum artist, Arthur Armour, titled the Stag and Doe.  Surrounding the piece are a many of Mr. Armour’s original dies.  Two of our commemorative Heritage Trees were painted on the east wall by Barbara Mullett, and the original Heritage Tree, on the north wall, was painted by local author and artist, Lillian Reeher.  These trees are adorned with engraved aluminum, bronze, and copper leaves produced by Wendell August and were provided in memory or in honor of loved ones.  Proceeds of this project support the preservation of the building and its artifacts for the generations to come.