The Entrance Room

Our entrance room features a number of paintings and drawings by local artists.

Items in the curved display case are changed periodically to show newly accessioned items.

The entrance room is also our genealogy library. We have several family histories that have been donated. We have a computer that has access to People are free to use the computer in their search for their family lineage.

Jane Cleary, our genealogist, will be at the headquarters the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month. She is willing to help you with your search.



The Kitchen 

The kitchen area was the kitchen for the hotel. We have turned it into a room that is indicative of a kitchen from the 1930’s. We have an old General Electric Refrigerator with the motor on top, an old gas stove and a ringer washer. The room also has many decorative items that are from a bygone era.






The Library 

The main library has college and high school yearbooks, local and county histories, books by local authors, pictures of brides taken by Dusty Rhoads and many picture albums of local interest put together by John and Marge Hummel. We also have an early lamp made by Wendell August Forge, donated by Lee Stephanchak.



The Main Room

Our display cases this year feature items from Grove City’s past. Ladies who were president of the Junior Women’s Club and the Senior Women’s Club, Business and Professional Women, and Music Society always kept a scrapbook of their year. We have several of these books featured. The ladies took great pride in these books. They were entered into a state competition and many of them won prizes.

We also have a feature on two of Grove City’s hotels…The Penn Grove Hotel, which closed in the early 2000s, and the Filer House (or Washabaugh House) in operation from the 1870’s to 1907.

The side and back wall have pictures of homes featured in a House Tour of Grove City.

The large case, “Memories of Grove City” shows the many hats of the town, as well as a Plaidette uniform and a Knights of Columbus tote bag.

This room also features the paintings of several local artists. Above the paintings is a collection of anodized aluminum done by Arthur Armour, an aluminum crafter who was in business from 1933 to 1976.




The Publications Room (updated photo coming soon!)

In this room are files on families from the community. We have several people who take articles from the local newspapers to be put into family files. Article topics include sports, weddings, engagements, anniversaries, births, first birthdays, armed forces, and deaths.





Additional Photos